Retail Building Construction
If you hire a contractor to carry out a retail building construction project, you can expect this process to involve a myriad of tasks. Each step is necessary to ensure that the structure meets your needs, maximizes safety, complies with local laws and lasts for many years to come. There are so many major and minor tasks that we can’t cover every single item in this blog. Nonetheless, we’ll provide you with a basic explanation of how the process works:
- First, you’ll need to select a suitable commercial building designer or designer/builder for your store construction project. The contractor will hold a consultation with you and make recommendations about how your shop could be designed. You can request a rough estimate based on your general needs or ask about prices for specific services and materials, such as vinyl siding or hourly construction labor. If you’re satisfied with what the builder has to offer, you can sign a contract at this time.
- The next step is to develop a design for your store. You may supply the designer with drawings or photos that represent the type of building you desire. It will probably be necessary for a professional land surveyor to conduct a survey. This task involves precisely measuring and certifying property boundaries to verify that a building won’t infringe on real estate owned by other individuals. A survey is typically required to obtain a building permit. Meanwhile, you may review the contractor’s designs and request that they be revised if necessary.
- After the designer finishes fine-tuning the design so that it fully meets your needs, he or she will provide you with a more accurate building cost estimate that takes your latest plans into account. You may opt to approve the design or ask for changes that would reduce the total expense. After gaining your approval, the contractor submits the plan to local authorities and requests a retail building construction permit. Officials may accept the design or require changes to ensure that the shop complies with local codes.
- When the permit is issued, a contractor can develop more precise documents that provide detailed instructions on how to construct the building. You will hire a separate construction firm if the design company doesn’t also offer building services. A design firm may remain involved by managing the process. Either way, the construction phase begins at this time. Preliminary excavation may be necessary. Carpenters, painters, electricians, plumbers and other professionals will take part in the project. Builders periodically consult with clients to verify that they’re satisfied with the progress.
- After construction is finished, you can inspect the building to confirm that all requested components have been installed. It’s important to immediately notify the builder if anything has been overlooked. When you’re sure the project has been completed to your satisfaction, you’ll receive a binder that contains various warranties from the contractor and manufacturers of equipment that has been installed. Finally, you can activate all of the utility services and start putting shelves, furniture and products in the store.
When you need retail building construction services, look no further than Full Moon Builders. We can handle your entire project, from design to permitting and construction. Our staff possesses ample experience in building a wide range of structures. Full Moon aims to complete every task with optimal efficiency. We maximize quality while keeping costs affordable and finishing projects on time. Our company also recognizes the importance of giving you enough control to ensure that a retail building truly accommodates your needs and preferences. To get started, please dial 713-504-4411 or fill out the form below.